Area Control Controller (En-route) - Belgium
Area Control Controller (En-route)
Air Traffic Control (ATC) is a service provided by ground-based air traffic controllers who co-ordinate aircraft movements on the ground and in the air to ensure a safe, orderly and smooth traffic flow.
We are currently seeking a temporary (3 year) full-time experienced Area Control Controller.
You prevent collisions between aircraft within an assigned airspace.
You direct the movement of aircraft within an assigned airspace to provide a safe, orderly and expeditious air traffic service.
You coordinate with approach to provide the best sequence of inbound and outbound aircraft.
You ensure standard separation between all aircraft in accordance with applicable rules, regulations and unit procedures.
You provide a flight information service to aircraft operating in the controlled airspace.
You provide an alerting service for aircraft in emergency and notify appropriate organizations regarding aircraft in need of search and rescue aid, and assist such organizations as required.
- You hold a VALID (Student) Air Traffic Controller License with Area Control rating and rating endorsements: ACS/TCL;
- You can present a Class 3 Medical Certificate;
- You are an EU resident, or have permission to live and work in Belgium;
- You speak English and are willing to learn Dutch or French;
- You have excellent logical and multi-tasking abilities;
- You can take mental stress and like working in a team;
- You have a strong sense of responsibility and are very reliable.
How to apply?
Do you wish to join our team and help us tackle the challenges of tomorrow?
Please submit your candidacy by clicking on the 'Apply' button and send us the following documents:
- your CV;
- an overview of all your ratings and endorsements including a copy of your APS/SRA + TCL rating endorsements;
- a copy of all parts of your VALID ATC-license;
- a copy of your medical certification;
- a copy of your English language proficiency certificate.
Belgocontrol provides a stimulating work environment with initiatives to promote its staff’s personal development. We offer a market rate salary with fringe benefits (group and hospitalization insurance, company restaurant, bonus for achieving results,…).
With regard to this vacancy we would like to draw your special attention to the fact that prior to being employed by Belgocontrol candidates have to undergo a security screening which will be carried out by the National Security Authority.