Air Traffic Control Officer - London Southend Airport
Air Traffic Control Officer
Location: London Southend Airport
Shift pattern: Full-time 42 hours p/w
Salary: Upto £66,000 per annum (depending on ratings held)
Reporting to: Head of Air Traffic Services
What’s the role?
This essential post is required to maintain the safe, orderly and expeditious flow of air traffic, preventing collisions between aircraft in the air and also between aircraft and vehicles on the manoeuvring area. Ensure that all tasks undertaken adhere to relevant regulatory and company standards. Notify appropriate organisations regarding any reportable incidents such as aircraft in need of search and rescue, and assist such organisations as required.
What will I be responsible for?
- Provide ATS appropriate to the Class of airspace
- Liaise with internal and external agencies.
- Follow and comply with the company’s Safety Management System (SMS).
- Perform ancillary tasks as required to maintain effective running of the ATC department.
- Take responsibility for own actions.
- Interact effectively with other operational ATC team members.
- Control of aircraft on the manoeuvring area
- Control of vehicles on the manoeuvring area
- The organisation and control of air traffic arriving, departing and flying in the vicinity of London Southend Airport.
- Issuing information and instructions to aircraft.
- Co-ordination with adjacent agencies as required.
- Providing an alerting service to airfield and external agencies.
- Operation of airport, ATC and related systems in accordance with published procedures.
- Compliance with ATC and company regulations, and SMS reporting procedures.
- Maintenance of CAA and company administrative records in accordance with published procedures.
- Liaison with other airport departments and external agencies as required.
- Ensuring movement areas and associated facilities are adequately inspected.
- Checking of ATC related equipment status, and reporting any unserviceabilities appropriately.
- Preparation and dissemination of meteorological reports in accordance with CAP782
- Where an OJTI endorsement is held: the supervision, training and reporting requirements detailed in the unit training plan.
- Acting as the airport authority when required, in the absence of airport management.
- When appropriate, brief working parties requesting to work airside.
- Report incidents or unavailable services in accordance with local procedures and the Southend Airport SMS. Vacancy Notice
- Oversight, training and delegation of work to ATCAs working in the control tower.
- Initiation of bird control activities when required.
- Selection of airfield lighting in accordance with CAP168
- Participation in regular emergency training scenarios in line with the unit TRUCE scheme.
- Adherence to SRATCOH working hours and breaks, and to other ATCO’s SRATCOH requirements in accordance with CAP670.
- Maintenance of ATC license requirements, including a current valid European Class 3 Medical certificate.
- Ancillary tasks including
- Attend courses as appropriate to performing the required ATC functions required by the ATC department and airport.
- Carry out other reasonable duties as required
Qualifications and experience:
- Strong communication skills
- Astute Relationship Management
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong leadership and critical thinking skills
- UK CAA Aerodrome Control Rating and Endorsement.
- OJTI/Assessor Endorsements and Meteorological Observers Certificate
- UK CAA Approach Procedural Rating and Endorsement.
- UK CAA Approach Surveillance Rating and Endorsement.
- Experience in working in a busy Class D airspace is desirable
- Proven experience in the provision of ATC radar services to varied aircraft types
To apply, please click on the 'Apply' button.