Zenon Aviation is delighted to be recruiting an Accountable Manager on behalf of an exciting and expanding regional airline operation in Africa. With various domestic and regional destinations, the organization has an excellent reputation within the African aviation market and this appointment is part of their expansion plan coupled with the implementation of new aircraft to the existing fleet.
As Accountable Manager you should be ready to participate in the development of this expanding company with a sense of corporate responsibility, willing to be flexible in execution of defined duties and assisting colleagues to achieve common goals of the airline.
Reporting to the Chief Executive Officer, the Accountable Manager will be responsible for all of the Company’s operational activities and performance, in accordance with regulatory and safety requirements, financial budgets and the company’s procedures.
The Successful candidates will be responsible for the safe, reliable, efficient and cost-effective management and growth of the airline. This includes and encompasses oversight of the key dimensions of the carrier including Maintenance & Engineering, Safety, Air Operations, and Ground Operations. In this regard, this position is responsible for the airline’s operational performance, with a direct and key influence on the financial performance and evolution of the carrier.
• Competitive Salary
• Accommodation provided
• Local Transportation provided
• Medical Insurance provided
Minimum Skills and Experience:-
• A business professional with at least ten years of senior management level experience within civil aviation, in flight operations, maintenance, safety management or quality management role.
• Minimum experience; five years in a senior management role, managing teams and with responsibility for budgets, performance management and operational compliance.
• Previous experience as an airline COO, a post-holder or Accountable Manager would be an advantage.
• Ideally, a deep knowledge and thorough experience in the operational areas, including flight operations, maintenance, quality, safety and operations management.
• Knowledge of applicable regulations and requirements, relevant to the operations and aircraft maintenance requirements.
• Proven track record in managing senior teams and medium to large sized projects;
• Ability to management and drive change throughout an organisation, maintaining suitable high level of effective problem solving and collaboration with all stakeholders
• Strong discipline to upholding performance standards, organisational objectives and goals.
• Proven, success leading an Operational unit through a collaborative, unifying approach that builds on teamwork and dedication to Company goals and principles.
• Bachelor’s degree in an Operational, Aviation, Engineering, Business or a related field would be beneficial
• Master’s degree or related advanced degree would be beneficial
Why Choose Zenon Aviation?
In the ever changing and dynamic market place, Zenon Aviation knows that the support and care we provide to candidates is vital in assisting you in achieving your career aspirations. Our team of dedicated consultants will deal with you application efficiently and more importantly confidentially, providing a professional and reliable service.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you please forward your CV to email@example.com in confidence.
Alternatively, for a confidential call with our Recruitment Manager – Kevin Small, please phone +44 (0) 1483 397380.
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence and unless you hear from us within 10 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Zenon Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.