Flight Information Service Officer - Coventry
Flight Information Service Officer
Coventry Airport Limited has a number of exciting new roles for Flight Information Service Officers based in Coventry. The main purpose of the role is to be accountable for the safe and efficient provision of a Flight Information Service. Reporting to the Senior Flight Information Service Officer Key responsibilities include;
1. Providing a Flight Information Service.
2. Co-ordinating with other Air Traffic Service units.
3. Administrative duties to include;
- Answering the telephone and passing messages on accurately
- Granting or declining requests for PPR
- Maintaining an accurate log of aircraft movements
- Filing Flight Plans and related AFTN messages vie AFPEx
- Taking landing fees and other associated costs
- Updating Aeronautical Information via NOTAMs
- Updating Aeronautical publications
- Providing information to internal and external emergency services
4. Complying with other duties and responsibilities as instructed by the Senior FISO and/or the Airport Operations Manager.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE:
The ideal job holder will:
- Have extensive FISO experience and, due to the Greenfield nature of the AFIS at Coventry Airport, will require specific CAA approval to hold the post.
- Hold a previously validated FISO licence
- Have excellent customer service skills
- Have a passion for General Aviation
- Hold a satisfactory medical certificate for the role
- Piloting experience would be beneficial but not essential
Wherever possible and reasonable we will make amendments and offer alternatives to help a person with a disability through the application and selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require assistance at any stage of the selection process please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply for this position please send a covering letter and CV by clicking on the 'Apply' button.