Senior Flight Information Service Officer - Coventry
Senior Flight Information Service Officer
Coventry Airport Limited has an exciting new role for a full time Senior Flight Information Service Officer based in Coventry. The main purpose of the role is to be accountable for the overall management of the ATS unit to ensure the safe and efficient provision of an air traffic service. Reporting to the Airport Operations Manager Key responsibilities include:
- Assisting in obtaining CAA Approval for a new AFIS unit including the establishment of Greenfield operations through to final Unit Approval.
- Supervision of Flight Information Service (FIS) personnel in the execution of their duties to provide a safe and effective FIS which meets all statutory and regulatory requirements and liaise with Air Traffic Engineering ensuring standards of service and quality are maintained in line with CAA requirements.
- Maintaining FIS documentation to meet regulatory requirements including the Coventry Airport Flight Information Service Manual, any temporary Operating Instructions, Unit Training Plan and TRUCE for the Unit.
- Liaising with the appropriate licensing Authority personnel and Airport Authority staff to ensure that all navigational aids, airfield lighting, airport manoeuvring surfaces and other equipment operate efficiently and meet CAA requirements.
- Ensuring maintenance of systems for the recording of daily traffic movements, weather data, AFTN messages and other information associated with the provision of a Flight Information Service.
- Assisting the Airport Operations Manager in the preparation of operational budgets, including maintenance and renewal schedules for contracts involving operational facilities.
- Logging of occurrences and progressing all occurrences through reports and investigations where appropriate or directed to do so.
- Undertaking other duties appropriate to the grading of the post as required.
- With the Airport Operations Manager, playing an active role in Business Development for the airport.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE:
The ideal job holder will have:
- Extensive FISO experience and, due to the Greenfield nature of the AFIS at Coventry Airport, will require specific CAA approval to hold the post
- Previous experience of managing an AFIS team
- Previous experience as a local validity examiner
- Excellent customer service skills
- A passion for General Aviation
- Ability to pass the appropriate medical examination
- Piloting experience is beneficial but not essential
Wherever possible and reasonable we will make amendments and offer alternatives to help a person with a disability through the application and selection process.
If you consider yourself to have a disability or require assistance at any stage of the selection process please contact email@example.com
To apply for this position please send a covering letter and CV by clicking on the 'Apply' button.