ATC Procedures Officer Approach
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focussing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.
The Approach Procedures Officer is responsible for the appropriate operational documents associated with ATC Approach operations. The post reports to ATC Operations Mentor but also interfaces very closely with the Area Procedures Officer, theSafety and Quality Mentor, the DYSIM Manager, Iraq Civil Aviation Authority and other ICAA Managers
Structure and reporting relationship
Reporting to the Operations Manager
Based on the specific requirement of the role
* Tasks which would be designated to the position would include providing assistance for the following:
* Maintain a thorough operational knowledge and understanding of the equipment and systems used for the provision of air traffic services in the Baghdad FIR.
* Provide oversight and direction to Approach Standards committee as required.
* Sit as a member on the Area and Approach Standards committees as well as other operational committees related to ATS planning and procedures.
* Develop new ATC procedures and participate in their subsequent safety cases.
* Assist in incident investigations and participate in incident review committees as required.
* Work within a team of safety & standards officers ensuring alignment in delivery of the Programme as required.
* Produce appropriate operational documentation associated with ATC operations – LATSI, LoAs, TOIs, POIs and OBs.
* Ensure accuracy of all operational documentation and maintain document control of all documents and ensure all document changes are completed in accordance with policies and procedures.
* Assist the ATC Operations Mentor with operational management.
* Stand in for ATC Operations Mentor and Area Procedures Officer for leave relief.
* Deliver and promote the values of Serco and ensure that all staff achieve and maintain all Safety & Standards in line with appropriate regulations.
* Develop learning and relationships with stakeholders in other aviation organisations to share best practice.
* Demonstrate the Serco values ensuring excellence in service and people development.
* Maintain currency on Approach surveillance and procedural control.
* Assist ATC Operations Mentor with monthly reports.
* Stand in for Approach air traffic controllers to provide OJTI as required.
* Ability to interface and influence the ICAA managers in order to develop the highest standards of Air Traffic Services section.
Essential technical and professional skills, knowledge and qualifications
* Tertiary level qualification in related operational field with further studies and or qualifications relevant to ATC operations
* Comprehensive knowledge of relevant ICAO documentation, in particular Annex 2, Annex 11 and Doc 4444.
* Comprehensive knowledge of ATC procedures and standards.
* Knowledge of aviation safety management systems.
* Ability to prepare reports when required.
* Able to develop, schedule and complete monitoring programmes
* Ability to monitor deadlines and performance in-line with required standards.
* A proactive and responsible approach to work with initiative and problem solving capability.
* Flexibility, excellent attention to detail, ability to identify key issues and manage an environment of regular change.
* Ability to understand complex systems and possess good IT skills.
* Ability to think strategically, execute quickly and adjust plans to meet organisational needs.
* Able to hold sensitive and confidential materials in strict confidence.
* Able to work independently under stringent deadlines and in a high pressure environment.
* Function as a resourceful and proactive team member.
* Strong organisational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritise, multi-task and meet tight deadlines and schedules.
* Strong analytical skills; ability to work with complex issues and detailed information.
* Ability to collaborate effectively with cross functional teams.
* Good judgment and decision-making skills.
* Adapt well to changing priorities.
* An assertive completer / finisher with high level personal presence and credibility.
* Intuitive with outstanding interpersonal influencing and communication skills; able to develop and motivate others.
* Ability to see problems as opportunities and to manage well under pressure.
* Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and verbally and convey complex information in an easily understood format.
* In-depth ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
* Experience in the implementation and maintenance of a standards and compliance programme an asset.
* A current ATCO licence with 5 years OJTI endorsement.
* Minimum 7 years ATC operational experience in an approachsurveillance and procedural control.
* Experience in building strong relationships and positively influencing clients.
* Conversant with the requirements of all current relevant legislation.
* Experience as an LCE would be an advantage.
* An Examiner’s endorsement would be an advantage.
* Experience in a multi-cultural environment an asset.
* Middle East experiences an asset.
Additional / special features of the role
HSQE Responsibilities and Information Security Responsibilities
* To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by acts or omissions;
* Promote a good HSQE and Information Security culture among peers, subcontractors and third parties;
* Lead by example and look at ways to conserve energy, water and resources and minimise the generation of waste through personal performance and raise recommendations on how to improve existing processes in this regard within/outside their departments through their Line Manager, Departmental Safety Meetings and any other appropriate available channels;
* Protect information assets and data including both electronic and paper based from all threats whether internal, external, deliberate or accidental;
* Promote a good HSQE and Information Security culture among their peers, subcontractors and third partiesin a privileged position of being able
* To fully deliver against their own 2016 Safety Commitments.
* To arrive for the start of their duties fit and well and to end their duties no less so.
* To actively demonstrate exemplary personal safety leadership behaviours at all times.
* Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
* Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
* To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organisational HSE responsibilities
* Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment
* Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.