ATM System Coordinator
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focussing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.
* To provide support and planning in the ATM Project Department with respect to the direct Air Traffic Control impact of Projects affecting the ATM System.
* To deliver the programme of ATM projects related to the transition to and operation of new Automation System
* To drive each project to successful completion by focusing the best use of time and resources, sharing innovative ideas, and influencing key senior stakeholders through a collaborative and persuasive approach
Structure and reporting relationship
Reporting to the ATM Projects Manager
Based on the specific requirement of the role
Tasks which would be designated to the position would include providing assistance for the following:
* Development, Oversight and Management of Projects that affect the ATM System to ensure they are delivered on a timely basis and to a sufficient level of quality.
* Develop and assist in the implementation of Transition Plans to new ATM systems
* As directed by Dysim Coordinator, develop and oversee simulator exercises utilizing new ATM system.
* Risk Management; Ensure the Safety Management System is an integral part of all aspects of each Project.
* Departmental Management; As a member of the support team contribute to the regular management and strategic meetings and to the planning requirements and timelines i.e. manpower, project, budget submissions
* Provide leadership and direction to Serco and ICAA staff in order to ensure objectives are aligned to the Serco and ICAA strategic objectives and business plans.
* Stakeholder Engagement; Foster collaborative decision making relationships with Serco, ICAA and contractors providing ATM Project solutions.
* Provide input to the Contract Director on ATM concepts and technical matters related to the transition and operation of new ATM systems.
* Internal benchmarking; Promote excellence through the implementation of appropriate project processes and efficiency initiatives to enable continuous self-improvement at all levels within Programme Delivery.
* Ensure overall compliance with Safety and Quality safety assurance benchmarks.
* Provide support and advice on Operational Procedures and Documentation Development and liaise with Stakeholders, to ensure an integrated and comprehensive solution for each ATM System Project.
* Chair meetings with Stakeholders, in a collaborative manner, to discuss the status of each Project, solve problems, and raise outstanding issues, maintaining standard meeting processes (minutes etc.).
* Support any Factory or Site Acceptance requirements for each ATM System Project.
* Maintain an appropriate Air Traffic Control validation and provide Operational Air Traffic Control support and coverage where required.
* Provide Training to Staff as required, for each Project and for succession planning.
* Understanding of personal responsibilities and contribution to achieving compliance with the Integrated Management System requirements, (including but not limited to competence to perform safety critical roles, legal requirements, control measures arisen from environmental impacts and aspects, job safety analysis and information security risk assessment) and the potential consequences of departure from them.
* To follow the approved Safety Management System processes as required by each aspect of the Project.
* Protect information assets and data including both electronic and paper based from all threats whether internal, external, deliberate or accidental.
Essential technical and professional skills, knowledge and qualifications
* The jobholder will possess a Current and Valid Air Traffic Control License, and may be required to validate in BACC Area or Approach or maintain the currency of that License if already valid.
* Thorough Knowledge of the Air Traffic Control environment, especially ATM developments and concepts, and ATM Systems is ideal.
* A thorough understanding of both programme control and project management methodologies and techniques is required.
* A blend of business and technical knowledge.
* An ability to identify risks and issues affecting the programme’s success
* Proven people leadership and management ability within a multicultural environment
* Excellent professional working relationships and interpersonal skills are essential
* Demonstrable rigorous planning skills
* Strong IT skills, including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office Suite, LINUX etc.
* Proven documentation creation skills.
* Proven time management and organisational skills.
* Demonstrable problem solving skills.
* Ability to develop clear, concise and appropriate documentation to support the ATM Projects.
* A minimum of 5 years ATM experience, with an Air Navigation Service Provider, preferably at a major international airport, preferably with supervisory or management experience.
Previous experience with Thales TopSky will be considered an asset. Proven Project Management experience and a track history of planning and driving the delivery of complex programmes on time and within budget to achieve strategic goals
Additional / special features of the role
HSQE Responsibilities and Information Security Responsibilities
* To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by acts or omissions;
* Promote a good HSQE and Information Security culture among peers, subcontractors and third parties;
* Lead by example and look at ways to conserve energy, water and resources and minimise the generation of waste through personal performance and raise recommendations on how to improve existing processes in this regard within/outside their departments through their Line Manager, Departmental Safety Meetings and any other appropriate available channels;
* Protect information assets and data including both electronic and paper based from all threats whether internal, external, deliberate or accidental;
* Promote a good HSQE and Information Security culture among their peers, subcontractors and third parties in a privileged position of being able
* To fully deliver against their own 2016 Safety Commitments.
* To arrive for the start of their duties fit and well and to end their duties no less so.
* To actively demonstrate exemplary personal safety leadership behaviours at all times.
* Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
* Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
* To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organisational HSE responsibilities
* Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment
* Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.