Aviation Safety Manager
The Safety Manager will be responsible for directing and supporting the implementation of the station Safety Management System (SMS) and Security Management System (SeMS) for above and below wing operations supporting the station’s customer airlines. This position will formulate and administer safety policy and procedures to ensure conformity to company standards and compliance with regulatory requirements.
Primary accountabilities and duties
• Assist the General Manager in achieving the responsibilities regarding the health and safety of employees and conduct of operations at the station.
• Support station conformity with company standards, particularly those related to Health and Safety and Security.
• Support the station management team in undertaking protective and preventative measures necessary to achieve Compliance with Regulatory Standards applicable to the station’s operations.
• Management of the station SMS and SeMS programs, to include oversight of health, safety, security, compliance and environmental standards of the company and applicable regulatory bodies.
• Manage the station safety ecurity reporting program (MORSE), quality assurance program (8 Pillar), quality control program (SMART), risk management program and environmental standards program.
• Respond to corrective action requests following customer, internal or regulatory audits and inspections.
• Report any breaches of statutory/legal/regulatory requirements or company best practices to the General Manager.
• Conduct risk assessments, accident investigations, inspections and audits as required by the General Manager.
• Supervise employees to ensure that they are following company standards and working in a safe manner. Address issues with employees as they are observed.
• Ensure safe and secure operations throughout the station in accordance with the highest possible standards of health, safety, security, and all government statutory requirements
With more than 200 airport operations across 6 continents, Menzies Aviation relies on more than 30,000 employees to ensure that our services hit the heights which are expected of us.
We believe that true excellence is only delivered by people with the knowledge, tools and passion to set standards rather than chase them.
View our video to see how members of our leadership team started their careers with Menzies Aviation: