Head of Systems - Avionics/Electrical Department
Zenon is delighted to be commissioned by a leading Aircraft Maintenance Repair Organisation to source a Head of Systems on a permanent basis for their facility based in the South of England.
The successful candidate will be managing the avionics/electrical department within the EASA Part 21J, CAA A8.21 and MAA DAOS design organization, as well as being responsible for a variety of tasks associated with the preparation, certification and approval of various aspects of avionics/electrical related design and certification data.
• Competitive Salary
• Monday – Friday, work hours: 08.30-17.00
• Private Healthcare, Smart Pension, Life Assurance, Income Protection, Travel Insurance.
• Annual leave is 28 days annual leave inclusive of Bank Holidays.
Other main responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
• Provides leadership to and manages the avionics/electrical design personnel including design engineers, draughtsmen, document writers, etc.
• Provides the avionics/electrical element of cost and time estimates to the Head of Part 21 for all new programmes.
• Manages each avionics/electrical project to ensure jobs stay on time and within budget.
• Acts as an avionics/electrical CVE, checking and approving the work of others against regulatory requirements.
• Creates avionics/electrical reports for others to approve.
• Represents the DOA to customers and regulatory agencies within the avionics/electrical area of expertise.
• Represents the company at trade shows etc.
• Maintaining an awareness of current aeronautical practices/issues.
• Continued professional development: attending training courses, seminars, etc.
• Ensuring that all design processes and procedures are adhered to.
• Participating with EASA audits where required.
• Developing internal procedures and processes.
• On-site aircraft surveys.
• Approval of external testing facilities.
• Peer group training, e.g. mentoring new staff, developing existing staff knowledge.
• Liaison with European Aviation Safety Agency (EASA) or tasked National Aviation Authority (NAA).
• Addressing in-service difficulty reports/design queries after completion of a design.
• Providing on-site assistance to aircraft maintenance staff.
Minimum Skills and Experience:-
• A strong systems focus with proven enhanced leadership, staff management & development skills.
• Experience Managing an avionics/electrical department within the EASA Part 21J
• Technically astute and product focused, with experience in production management and lean principles.
• “Hands on” experience of implementing change management, working with and understanding the needs of a demanding customer base.
• Strong understanding of the principles of “good customer service; also experience of implementing robust procedures to identify customer needs, enhance quality, better understand capability and improve lead times.
• IT literate with highly developed planning and organisational skills.
• Outstanding communication skills, able to ask probing and difficult questions, articulate views crisply and convincingly.
• High level of self-motivation combined with personal credibility, strong negotiation skills, professionalism and influencing skills.
• Possess the drive and have passion to influence those around you; be results orientated and a natural problem solver.
In the ever changing and dynamic market place, Zenon Aviation knows that the support and care we provide to candidates is vital in assisting you in achieving your career aspirations. Our team of dedicated consultants will deal with you application efficiently and more importantly confidentially, providing a professional and reliable service.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you please forward your CV to Ashley.email@example.com in confidence.
Alternatively, for a confidential call with our Recruitment Consultant Ashley Ewen, please phone 01483 332000
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence and unless you hear from us within 10 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Only candidates with the right to work within the EU will be considered.
Zenon Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Head of Systems - Avionics/Electrical Department
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly