Director of Maintenance
Zenon is delighted to be commissioned by an OEM authorised business aircraft service centre based in the South East of the UK too source a Director of Maintenance on a permanent basis.
• Competitive Salary
Managing the service business responsibilities on behalf of the company, including all Part 145 maintenance activities of the company; the spare parts pipeline into the UK, the support of in-territory Satellite Service Centres; managing all service business employees; ensuring customers receive exceptional levels of service, thereby providing increased opportunities to cross-sell new aircraft and ensuring agreed performance targets are met.
Minimum Skills and Experience:-
• Meet all OEMs requirements for an the maintenance centre and other company authorisations
• Maintain an excellent relationship with the OEM directly and a deep knowledge of their culture and modus operandi
• Meet CAA / EASA and all other applicable aviation regulations
• Meet all other applicable regulatory requirements (i.e. government, health and safety, employment law etc.)
• Ensure compliance with the business ‘terms and conditions’ of service, meeting the companies legal and moral business obligations
• Maintain high levels of customer service when measured against standard industry benchmarks, consistently exceeding customer expectations
• Build a strong customer focused service team with the necessary blend of skills to take the business forward and a flexible, resilient, ‘can do’ and safety focused culture that will successfully meet the changing and challenging demands on the business 24/7
• Maintain high levels of personal contact and empathy with customers, including being available out of hours to respond to urgent demands or where necessary to maintain strong customer relationships
• Build strong customer, supplier, industry and key stakeholder relationships and imbue loyalty and support for both the companies and OEM brands
• In conjunction with lawyers, develop the necessary standard “terms and conditions” of trade for maintenance customers.
• Establish a set of key business performance metrics (service, operational efficiency and commercial) and monitor against agreed targets)
• Maintain robust financial control of the service business in order to adhere to agreed budgets and forecasts
• Financial management of group to adhere to agreed budgets and forecasts
• Manage the service business spare parts needs (including the OEM spare parts pipeline into the UK) to ensuring service levels meet in-house and external customer requirements
• Provide effective and strong leadership for all service business personnel, ensuring excellent communication and fostering strong levels of employee engagement
• Build robust systems, procedures and controls that will safeguard quality, promote efficiency, enhance financial performance and provide a solid platform for growth
• Ensure all service staff receive appropriate training to carry out their duties effectively
• Provide high levels of technical support to the wider company team as required, particularly the aircraft sales team
• In conjunction with the Sales Director, ensure the delivery management (including acceptance) and subsequent registration of all new aircraft are handled in a timely and regulated manner.
• Support the sales director to help and build customer relationships and imbue loyalty and support
• Where required, support the company sales team by attending trade shows, industry events, customer and other factory visits, etc.
• Provide high quality input to the company strategic plan including the identification and pursuit of potential new business opportunities
• Define and provide input to the strategic plan that satisfies the vision of a new facility
• Develop additional income streams and strategic opportunities
• Strong business and commercial background
• A strong knowledge of and experience within Business Aviation
• A strong sense of business ethics and high integrity
• Strong Client Relationship and Customer Service ethic
Why Choose Zenon Aviation?
In the ever changing and dynamic market place, Zenon Aviation knows that the support and care we provide to candidates is vital in assisting you in achieving your career aspirations. Our team of dedicated consultants will deal with you application efficiently and more importantly confidentially, providing a professional and reliable service.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you please forward your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org in confidence.
Alternatively, for a confidential call with our Recruitment Manager Kevin Small, please phone 01483 332000
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence and unless you hear from us within 10 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Zenon Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.