Air Traffic Services Instructor
Tasks which would be designated to the position would include providing assistance for the following:
- Development of ATS theoretical and simulator training programs and exercises in accordance with National and International training policies, procedures and standards, aimed at developing Iraqi Nationals in the field of Air Traffic Control.
- The provision of English Language Training, requisite ATS Formal Training and ATS simulator training in accordance with training plans, ICAA policies and procedures and ICAO training requirements, inclusive of initial, experienced and continual training.
- The development and provision of theoretical and simulator training and transitional training (new equipment and systems) meeting operational training requirements.
- Advising the Training Manager on all issues pertaining to ATS training
- Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of relevant ICAO documentation, the Iraqi AIP and Local Operating Procedures as published by the ICAA.
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of the capabilities and configuration of the Simulation systems and equipment.
- Organize simulation exercises for evaluation of procedures and airspace structuring.
- Develop dedicated training materials / manuals to meet the requirements of specific courses in accordance with requirements.
- Assess trainee performance and test results through appropriate documentation in accordance with requirements.
- Ensure that trainees meet all training objectives to an acceptable standard as defined within the ICAA Academy Unit Training Plan.
- Perform other duties as related to the post.
- Must have completed a recognized Air Traffic Services Instructor course
- Comprehensive knowledge of ATC procedures, ATS standards and industry best practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of ICAO Rules and Regulations pertaining to the operations and delivery of ATS.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in the use of current mainstream application software required for the management of a modern ATC unit, including word processing/desktop publishing, spreadsheet and graphic presentations.
- Development of training materials/manuals to meet the requirements of specific courses
- Demonstrable communication skills in a multi-cultural environment
- Ability to prepare reports and when required present these to the Training Manager
- Possess excellent report writing skills
- A mature, proactive and responsible approach to work with initiative and problem solving capability.
- Ability to liaise in a professional and persuasive manner with staff at all levels in the organization.
- Possession of good IT skills.
- Flexibility, excellent attention to detail and manage an environment of regular change.
- Ability to think strategically, execute quickly and adjust plans to meet organizational needs.
- Able to hold sensitive and confidential materials in strict confidence.
- Able to work independently under stringent deadlines and high pressure environment.
- Function as a resourceful and proactive team member.
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and multi-task and meet deadlines and schedules
- Strong analytical skills; ability to work with complex issues and detailed information.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross functional teams.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills;
- Adapt well to changing priorities.
- An assertive completer finisher with high level personal presence and credibility.
- Intuitive with outstanding interpersonal influencing and communication skills able to develop and motivate others.
- Ability to align strategic and operational needs with training programs and organizational development efforts.
- Ability to see problems as opportunities and to manage well under pressure.
- Ability to influence senior management and establish and maintain collaborative partnerships.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and in speaking and convey complex information in an easily understood format.
- In-depth ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Relevant and comprehensive experience in conducting ICAO compliant training in a classroom and simulator environment.
- Experience managing people and the provision of services to a corporate client
- Operational ATC experience in a relevant civilian ICAO rating.
- Previous OJTI experience in a civilian ATC operational environment.
- Experience in the evaluation of student performance and subsequent delivery of relevant reports.
- Experience in a multi-cultural environment an asset.
- Middle East experiences an asset.
Note: Employees working in Baghdad are required to live in a purpose built camp and due to security restrictions are not permitted to leave the Baghdad International Airport secure zone. Individuals should therefore possess the temperament to live and work within a closed community. Tax free package commensurate to location an accommodation/food provided.