Airspace Design Officer - Belgium
Airspace Design Officer
As our Airspace Design Officer you will develop and manage projects regarding the Belgian airspace based on the Belgian strategic vision, operational analyses and ad hoc studies for short-term issues.
You design, adjust and improve (parts of) the airspace, routes, flight procedures, working methods, etc. with the aim of ensuring the highest possible capacity, efficiency and safety levels.
You manage and evaluate the operational concept that has been outlined by analysing the performance indicators. In cooperation with the end user, you provide for corrective adjustments and improvements of the working method, route structure and coordination (including coordination with other centres) depending on new techniques and evolutions.
You constantly focus on the optimization of the existing airspace by identifying for example complex air traffic hubs.
You follow up on evolutions within the whole Air Traffic Management system and you proactively prepare proposals in order to achieve our performance indicators.
You provide for the right insights and contributions in projects according to the current airspace structure, routes and procedures, including the pros and cons of each element (why are traffic flows and procedures as they are or why do they have to change).
- A previous experience as an air traffic controller is an asset
- You have a good understanding of ATS
- You have a specific experience and/or interest in conceptualizing and modelling, managing and documenting the airspace managed by Belgocontrol, including the development of procedures, restrictions and working methods
- You have a very good knowledge of English
How to apply?
- Do you wish to join our team and help us tackle the challenges of tomorrow?
- For further information and to apply now, please click on the 'Apply' button.
- Belgocontrol provides a stimulating work environment with initiatives to promote its staff’s personal development. We offer a market rate salary with fringe benefits (group and hospitalization insurance, company restaurant, bonus for achieving results,…).
- With regard to this vacancy we would like to draw your special attention to the fact that prior to being employed by Belgocontrol candidates have to undergo a security screening which will be carried out by the National Security Authority.