Air Traffic Control Officer - Tower - Dubai
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focussing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.
We are currently recruiting experienced and highly motivated Aerodrome/ Tower Air Traffic Control Officers (ATCOs) to be a part of a great team based at DXB in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. If successful, you will be responsible for directing the movement of aircraft within assigned air space and on the ground to provide a safe, orderly and expeditious air traffic service. The successful applicants will enjoy the amazing lifestyle opportunities which living in Dubai, United Arab Emirates affords.
Responsibilities in the role:
- Ensure self-briefing on latest TIs, SIs and weather information
- Coordinate with approach to provide best sequence of inbound and outbound aircraft
- Ensure standard separation between all inbound and outbound aircraft in accordance with applicable rules, regulations and unit procedures
- Provide flight information service to aircraft operating in the air traffic control zone and issue IFR/VFR clearances to pilots
- Provide flow control and slot allocation to departing aircraft
- Ensure current flight plans are up to date and update delays as required
- Provide weather information to pilots
- Advise the MET office of significant weather changes
- Co-ordinate runway inspection and maintenance with least disruptions to flights
- Monitor aerodrome equipment to ensure serviceability
- Provide alerting service for aircraft in emergency and notify appropriate organizations regarding aircraft in need of search and rescue aid, and assist such organizations as required
- Prepare ROSI (report of the safety incidents) according with reporting procedure for incidents, accidents or safety related occurrences
- Practice professionalism and politeness to all users of services provided by the GCAA and to other staff in Air Traffic Services.
Minimum candidate experience requirements:
- A validated Aerodrome Rating with a minimum of 5 years total experience exercising this rating
- A minimum of 3 years spent exercising an Aerodrome Rating at a major international airport
- ICAO English Level 4 or above proficiency
- A valid ATC Medical
Preferred candidate experience requirements:
- In addition to the above, experience within a multi-cultural environment in the Middle East is preferred
- Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
- Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
- Exercise personal duty of care for your own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by your acts or omissions
- Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment
- Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management
Note: Assessments of prior competency will take place in Dubai, United Arab Emirates throughout 2018.
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.