Regional Manager - Stanstead
ASTA on behalf of our Client, Primera Air are now seeking a Regional Manager on a permanent basis for our Client’s operations in Western Europe.
The Regional Manager will be based in our Client’s STN base and will be responsible to ensure that all aspects of our Client’s Stanstead (STN), Birmingham (BHX) and France (CDG) airport operation are in accordance with safety regulations in line with government and internal company guidelines at all times.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow up to Service Level Agreement and Standard Ground Handling Agreements. Set up needed local agreements for lodging, meals, if necessary;
- Supervise ground handling company on the procedures required by all station manuals to ensure compliance with Primera’s standard operations procedures;
- Hold briefings to keep companies and contractors staff informed of all Company policies and procedures;
- Support that ground handling is provided with Primera’s flight schedule and schedule changes;
- Conduct meetings with Ground Handling Company on a base station;
- Represent Primera’s in stations/projects; liaise with Director Ground Operations of all issues that affect or may affect Primera’s local operations;
- Prepare delay code clarification of everyday OCC flight delay report;
- Prepare, implement and maintain airline internal/local procedures;
- Recommend, help to develop and help implement improvement to existing policies, procedures and processes throughout Primera’s, if necessary;
- Monitor stations/ projects load control operations to be fulfilled in accordance with Primera’s procedures;
- Support ground handling audits;
- Represent Primera in local Airport Operation Committee and Airport User Committees;
- Complete all other assignments given by Director Ground Operations;
- Liaise with local authorities and private vendors with regards to submission, collection or approval of documents, arrangement of required meetings, acquisition of information and other similar matters;
- Organize and schedule crew base meetings, coordinate and communicate any HR issues (disciplinary, new crew inductions, issuing/return of ID cards, etc)
- Support ASTA HR department in any HR issues that may arise;
- Ensure that local procedures are followed;
- Ensure arrangements of crew positioning, hotel accommodation and ground transport for crew members for flight duties and trainings;
- Monitor all travel / hotel are arranged, details are correct and displayed adequately in crew rosters, with analyses of company’s needs for flight. communicate company plans and changes to crew members;
- Monitor Cabin crew service level, observe CRM procedures, Uniform policies; support crews with inventory, IT, evaluate needs for crew training and ensure, that appropriate arrangements are made with training providers;
- Coordinate employment contract and payroll and related quarries, liaise between crews, airline and employer of operational, contractual and financial matters.
- Follow implementation and compliance HR management policy and goals
- Cooperate with airline’s and employer’s departments in questions of HR policy improvements and goals’ achievements;
- Bachelor degree or equivalent through experience;
- Proven airport operations experience;
- In depth know-how of all aspects of Ground Operations;
- Willing to travel;
- Authoritative and ensuring commitments by supplies are met;
- Cost conscious approach and extremely customer-focused;
- Ability to network (internally and externally) diplomatically;
- Ensuring smooth cooperation between the company and local airport authorities, handlers, airport staff, and government agencies;
- Experience in multicultural environments;
- Fluent in English and local language wherever applicable;
- Must be able to endure high stress levels with tight timelines;
If the above opportunity is of interest to you, please forward your CV to Sheetal Dattani in confidence by clicking on the 'Apply' button.
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence and unless you hear from us within 10 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.