Air Traffic Control Officer - Tower - Dubai
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Iraq. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009 and have launched the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2017. We deliver Facility Management services to Hospitals, Universities, Airports, Military Facilities and Commercial Estates in the UAE and large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia. We also deliver staff training and education to selected officers of the Qatar Armed Forces at the Officers’ training institute located at the Ahmed Bin Mohammed Military College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.
We are currently recruiting experienced and highly motivated Aerodrome/ Tower Air Traffic Control Officers (ATCOs) to be a part of a great team based at DXB in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. If successful, you will be responsible in providing Air Traffic Control Services to aircraft operating within the OMDB Control Zone and OMDB International Airport. The successful applicants will enjoy the amazing lifestyle opportunities which living in Dubai, United Arab Emirates affords.
Responsibilities in the role:
- Be able to attain and maintain a certificate of competence for Aerodrome control services at OMDB International Airport.
- Be able to attain and maintain a GCAA Class 3 ATC Medical Certificate.
- Maintain an awareness and be able to comply with all requirements relating to their ATC License and Medical Certificate
Minimum candidate experience requirements:
- A validated Aerodrome Rating with a minimum of 5 years total experience exercising this rating
- A minimum of 3 years spent exercising an Aerodrome Rating at a major international airport
- ICAO English Level 4 or above proficiency
- A valid ATC Medical
Preferred candidate experience requirements:
- In addition to the above, experience within a multi-cultural environment in the Middle East is preferred
- Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
- Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
- Exercise personal duty of care for your own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by your acts or omissions
- Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment
- Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management
Note: Assessments of prior competency will take place in Dubai, United Arab Emirates throughout 2018.
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.