Air Traffic Control Officer - Approach - Dubai
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Iraq. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009 and have launched the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2017. We deliver Facility Management services to Hospitals, Universities, Airports, Military Facilities and Commercial Estates in the UAE and large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia. We also deliver staff training and education to selected officers of the Qatar Armed Forces at the Officers’ training institute located at the Ahmed Bin Mohammed Military College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.
We are currently recruiting experienced and highly motivated Approach Air Traffic Control Officers (ATCOs) to be a part of a great team in Dubai, United Arab Emirates. If successful, you will be responsible for directing the movement of aircraft within assigned air space to provide a safe, orderly and expeditious air traffic service. The successful applicants will enjoy the amazing lifestyle opportunities which living in the United Arab Emirates affords.
Responsibilities in the role:
- Ensure the provision of Approach control service, flight information service and alerting service to aircraft operating in the UAE FIR
- Maintain a thorough operational knowledge and understanding of the equipment and systems used for the provision of air traffic services in the UAE FIR.
- Distribute as required meteorological information necessary for the safe and orderly handling of traffic.
- Participate in pre-watch briefings for the subsequent watch concerning all known conditions affecting safety and/or regularity of air traffic within the UAE FIR.
- Report failures, abnormal occurrences or any other conditions likely to constitute a safety hazard.
- Provide operational feedback to management on proposed airspace procedure and system changes.
- Practice professionalism and politeness to all users of services provided by the GCAA and to other staff in Air Traffic Services.
- Interface to influence colleagues and OJT students in order to develop the highest standard of air traffic controller for integration into GCAA’s Air Traffic Services section.
Minimum candidate experience requirements:
- A validated Approach Rating with a minimum of 5 years total experience exercising this rating
- A minimum of 3 years spent exercising an Approach Rating at a major international airport
- ICAO English Level 5 or above proficiency
- A valid ATC Medical
Preferred candidate experience requirements:
- In addition to the above, experience within a multi-cultural environment in the Middle East is preferred
- Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
- Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
- Exercise personal duty of care for your own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by your acts or omissions
- Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment
- Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management
Note: Assessments of prior competency will take place in Dubai throughout 2018.
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.