ATM Systems Specialist
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Iraq. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009 and have launched the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2017. We deliver Facility Management services to Hospitals, Universities, Airports, Military Facilities and Commercial Estates in the UAE and large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia. We also deliver staff training and education to selected officers of the Qatar Armed Forces at the Officers’ training institute located at the Ahmed Bin Mohammed Military College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.
We are looking for experienced and enthusiastic ATM Systems Specialist who will assist and support the ATM Systems Operations Team Leader in the adaptation of all current and future dans ATM systems and participate in the process for adaptation change control and provide technical design and system interoperability development guidance. Ensure that the ATM systems are compliant with approved regulatory publications and regulations and maintained, improved and updated as operationally required.
You shall assist the ATM Systems Team Leader to deliver goals and objectives set by the business strategy to support the achievement of functional objectives. You will maintain contact with a variety of entities inside the airport including ATC, Aviation Units, relevant ATS departments, Dubai Airports, contractors and suppliers through the ATM Systems Operations.
You will provide operational duties and technical design guidance for the department with short and long term operational/ tactical responsibilities, and is required to manage multiple and/or conflicting activities. Advises the ATM Systems Team Leader on options for problem resolution in situations that fall outside established guidelines or where the choice among options is less obvious. Errors made by the jobholder could result in a down grading of systems in simulation services.
- Maintain and update the ATM systems accordance with approved rules and regulations, as directed by Operations Manager - ATM Systems.
- Ensure Change Management processes are followed and documented according to ATM systems department procedures.
- Maintain operational and technical uptime for the daily operations of all designated ATM systems for dans operations.
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to identify appropriate solutions, upgrades and enhancements as per guidelines set by the ATM Systems Operations Manager.
- Ensure the ATM and Simulator systems embodies best practice in policy and strategy development, asset and risk management and performance improvement
- Adhere to the dans project management processes to lead and contribute to work package activities as required. Provide innovative solutions to reduce operating costs and improve budget utilization.
Qualifications and Education:
- The post holder shall have as a minimum, a Bachelor Degree or Higher Diploma from a recognized University, Training Establishment, or have equivalent and relevant experience.
- Air Traffic Control (Aerodrome, Approach Ratings, Examiner, Instructor or other suitable experience).
- ATM Systems Adaptation and ATS or equivalent relevant aviation industry experience
- Experience in customer support of complex ATM systems.
- Experience in hardware & software support.
- Multiple ATM systems development and adaptation experience in applied domains.
- Simulation and stimulation systems adaptation experience
- Air Traffic Services (Aerodrome, Approach or other suitable experience).
- Experience in ATM systems adaptation both EFS and FDPS preferable.
- ATM Simulator systems, both in adaptation and applied fields.
- Tower and Approach ATM systems
- Aeronautical navigation and trajectory management.
- National standards and regulations in accordance with GCAA Civil Aviation Regulations.
- ICAO standards and recommended practices
- Operating practices in tower and approach control operations.
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
- Resourceful team player who excels at building trusting relationships with customers and colleagues.
- Attention to details and analytical skills
- Problem solving and decision making
- Excellent communication and organisational skills
- The ability to develop quality standards, testing procedures, inspection reporting formats, and ability to conceptualize tasks and accomplish them.
- An ability to work to tight deadlines and make correct decisions under pressure
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment
- The ability to evaluate ATC systems / platforms and produce associated reports.
- Computer literacy with MS office packages skills
- Familiar with UNIX/LINUX operating systems advantageous
Additional / special features of the role
- The job holder is governed by international standards procedures. Additionally, a range of international criteria for electronic data exchange apply. The effective functioning of the department is dependent upon the co-operative effort of all aeronautical services, such as air traffic services, communications, engineering, etc. The jobholder must be able to perform out of hours standby duties to support DWC and DXB operations.
- Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
- Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
- To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organisational HSE responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment
- Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.