Manager Airspace Planning & Analysis
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Iraq. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009 and have launched the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2017. We deliver Facility Management services to Hospitals, Universities, Airports, Military Facilities and Commercial Estates in the UAE and large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia. We also deliver staff training and education to selected officers of the Qatar Armed Forces at the Officers’ training institute located at the Ahmed Bin Mohammed Military College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.
We are looking for an Arispace Planning and Analysis Manager who will assist the Head of Airspace Management to plan, organise and coordinate the provision of adequate, safe and efficient airspace management services within the dans Area of Responsibility (AoR). This is achieved through the development of ATM Procedures, validation and presentation of analysed data and through fast time data/reports preparation. Representation of dans and the Airspace Management Section among various stakeholder groups by participating in meetings, providing briefings and presentations etc. either in country or abroad and at the discretion of dans management. Provide strategic and tactical recommendations to the Head of Airspace Management with regards to Airspace procedures in accordance with the collected data, and/or any other tasks as requested by dans Management.
- Work with internal sections, ATC and airport management to create and validate simulation models and apply data analysis skills: exploratory data analysis, time series analysis, distribution fitting, linear regression
- Conduct Fast Time Simulations for airspace, runway and surface flows to support validation of potential ATS solutions, determine the feasibility of ATM concepts and assess impact of procedural changes and draw conclusions from data and clearly concisely articulate key findings in both written and verbal form. Conduct ad-hoc analysis and simulations as instructed by AMD HoD
- Manage the measurement of dans operational and business performance through analysis of data collated from a variety of sources; ensuring data collection, validation and analysis is conducted accurately, consistently and on a timely basis
- Presentation of dans performance data to dans Operational departments and external stakeholders to provide Operational feedback and support stakeholder decision making process and review and manage updated organisational analysis process and procedure documentation. Contribute towards the feasibility of proposed ATM solutions/concepts. Ensure collection, validation, analysis and reporting of data is completed on a timely basis to support decision making
- Recommend improvements to departmental policy and direct the implementation of procedures and controls covering all areas of Airspace so that all relevant procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a quality, cost-effective service to customers.
- Assist the Head of Airspace Management in obtaining approvals for changes made in the airspace plan and new designs from the appropriate authorities.
- Assist the Head of Airspace Management in ensuring that the developments of airspace management changes are effective, safe and legal.
- Drafting proposals for revisions to current and developing new Letters of Agreement (LoA) and Airspace proposals supported by data as directed by the Head of Airspace Management.
- Evaluate AMD staff performance and provide input as required to performance appraisal as required by Head of Airspace Management and stimulate team members and contribute to the identification of opportunities for continuous improvement of section systems, processes and practices taking into account "international best practice" improvement of business processes, cost reduction and productivity improvement.
- Ensure preparation of timely and accurate reports to meet authority and department requirements, policies and standards.
Qualifications and Education:
Degree / diploma in a relevant field or relevant operational experience
Graduate or post graduate qualifications in Data management or related field
Proficiency in use of relevant computer programs including, but not confined to, desktop publishing and MS Office as well as AirTop or similar software
Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
- Must have an ATC experience with in depth knowledge of strategic ATM planning
- Minimum 2 years managerial experience
- Project management experience and team/resources management
- Experience in complex terminal airspace and/or airport environment
- Quality Management
- In depth knowledge on a wide-range of ATM applications, including Arrival Management, Departure Metering, demand and capacity balancing, electronic operating environments and wake vortex mitigation
- Knowledge of UAE Civil Aviation Regulations and ICAO Standards
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau or D3
- Experience with modelling and simulation tools and methods
- Proficiency with programming languages such as Java, Python, Visual Basic, SQL
- Knowledge of database and statistical software packages
- Presentation Skills
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational database solutions
Additional / special features of the role
- Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
- Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
- To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organisational HSE responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment
- Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
- Job holder works in a variety of conditions from air-conditioned office to open air environment subject to the work in hand. The physical effort expended by job holder is medium to heavy in normal operating conditions. Hours can be subject to operational requirements so the job holder must be able to work outside of normal working hours. The job holder shall be required to perform any other task assigned by dans management other than described in this JD. The job holder shall be required to perform any other task assigned by dans management other than described in this JD
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. To view internal opportunities, please visit JobShop which can be found under My Workspace/My Applications in Ourworld.