Zenon is delighted to be supporting a very well established operator and air charter provider to source an Engineering Director on a permanent basis for their HQ in East Africa.
Based in a very popular and attractive tourist destination you will be responsible for the company’s maintenance activities for their fleet of aircraft and for providing both operational and programme support to the organisation.
- Accommodation Allowance
- Competitive Salary
- Fantastic location
- Managing the Engineering function of the company, including all maintenance activities of the company; managing all maintenance employees and ensuring customers receive exceptional levels of service.
- Meet all the companies Engineering and Maintenance requirements including all relevant company authorizations
- Meet all local and other applicable aviation regulations
- Meet all other applicable regulatory requirements (i.e. government, health and safety, employment law etc.)
- Be responsible for ensuring the company complies with all relevant aviation regulation with regard to continuing airworthiness matters.
- Ensure compliance with the business ‘terms and conditions’ of service, meeting the company’s legal and moral business obligations
- Maintain high levels of customer service when measured against standard industry benchmarks, consistently exceeding customer expectations
- Build a strong customer focused engineering team with the necessary blend of skills to take the business forward and a flexible, resilient, ‘can do’ and safety focused culture that will successfully meet the changing and challenging demands on the business 24/7
- Establish a set of key business performance metrics (service, operational efficiency and commercial) and monitor against agreed targets)
- Maintain robust financial control of the service business in order to adhere to agreed budgets and forecasts
- Financial management of group to adhere to agreed budgets and forecasts
- Provide effective and strong leadership for engineering personnel, ensuring excellent communication and fostering strong levels of employee engagement
- Build robust systems, procedures and controls that will safeguard quality, promote efficiency, enhance financial performance and provide a solid platform for growth
- Ensure all engineering staff receive appropriate training to carry out their duties effectively
- Provide high levels of technical support to the wider company team as required
- Provide high quality input to the company strategic plan including the identification and pursuit of potential new business opportunities
- Define and provide input to the strategic plan that satisfies the vision of a new facility
- Develop additional income streams and strategic opportunities
Minimum Skills and Experience:-
- Minimum of 5 years as an Engineering Director with a strong business and commercial background
- A strong knowledge of and experience within Aviation Engineering
- A strong sense of business ethics and high integrity
- Strong Client Relationship and Customer Service ethic
Why Choose Zenon Aviation?
In the ever changing and dynamic market place, Zenon Aviation knows that the support and care we provide to candidates is vital in assisting you in achieving your career aspirations. Our team of dedicated consultants will deal with you application efficiently and more importantly confidentially, providing a professional and reliable service.
If you have previous experience as an Engineering Director and the above opportunity is of interest to you please forward your CV to Kevin Small in confidence.
Alternatively, for a confidential call with our Senior Recruitment Manager Kevin Small, please phone the office.
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence and unless you hear from us within 10 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Zenon Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Apply for Engineering Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly