Business Development Manager – Airline Services
AeroProfessional are global leaders in the field of crewing and manpower services for the airline industry. We have created a brand-new role for a senior relationship-sales professional to become our “Business Development Manager”, spearheading our strategic sales function, with strong bias towards field-based strategic sales.
Our ideal candidate will be highly experienced in selling solutions to airlines – and more specifically to flight operations, crew-training, fleet-management, finance or human resources functions. Maybe your background is in aircraft leasing or charter brokerage, or maybe you have created or maintained high-value long-term airline accounts, involving the supply of technical or resource-based products or services. Either way, you will feel most comfortable when creating and maintaining relationship at a Board and senior management level, as opposed to lower-down the purchasing chain.
As AeroProfessional’s Business Development Manager, you will focus on identifying and securing new high-value customers, seeking-out substantial new opportunities and client targets, identifying appropriate high-level senior contacts and establishing subsequent strong relationships to win their business. Our growth strategy includes creating long-lasting client partnerships through devising and delivering bespoke crewing and manpower solutions. In our experience, these types of partnerships are best cemented initially at the highest possible level and then filtered down, creating multiple peer-to-peer contacts which blossom into fruitful and productive relationships throughout the business. The resultant symbiosis of both our business and that of each client is what creates long-term growth from which both sides gain substantial benefit.
Key responsibilities for this exciting role include:
- Build, manage and close a sales pipeline of high-value prospective customers for AeroProfessional’s various services;
- Support the existing sales team through sharing of experience and techniques, as well as through the passing of smaller-scale leads;
- Participate in bids and tenders, including writing high-quality proposals and bid documents and managing tender activity on behalf of AeroProfessional;
- Attend industry events to maintain the profile and exposure of Aeroprofessional and to maximise networking opportunities;
- Manage a portfolio of key customers to optimize revenue opportunities, increase client spend and ensuring client retention.
To be considered for the position, you’ll need all of the following credentials:
- Have an extensive knowledge of the airline and aviation industry;
- Have a proven background (at least 5 years) in aviation sales, with a strong bias towards field sales;
- Be an excellent communicator and have superior people and relationship-building skills;
- Possess an irrepressible work ethic, coupled with high levels of personal energy and a “can do” attitude;
- Be an insatiable networker, with an existing network tapping into flight operations, crew-training, fleet-management, finance or human resources functions within aviation;
- Be comfortable and familiar with interacting at senior executive C level, across multiple cultures;
- Be capable of presenting products or services in a face to face environment.
We value our people. To attract the best, we make sure our salaries and bonuses are highly competitive. Beyond that, we recognise that there’s more to life than work. Fresh coffee, fruit and the freedom to dress as you please when you’re in the office, are examples of the how relaxed we are here. We also encourage team and company socials as well. You’ll have up to 27 days’ leave, a day off for your birthday and the opportunity to sell holiday back. Whilst childcare vouchers, eye tests, voluntary pension uplift are also on offer. Flexible start-times are available and once fully-trained you can work from home one day a week (role permitting). Top this up with interest free loans and a flexible benefits package giving you the choice of private healthcare, worldwide travel insurance, Perkbox membership, cycle to work scheme, training courses, gym membership and railcard/public transport season tickets… And you can start to see just how invested we are in you.
At AeroProfessional we’re industry leaders in the field of aviation resourcing. We recruit only the best in the profession to work for our ever-growing list of clients. Join us, and you’ll play your part in keeping planes flying all over the globe. It’s a world of opportunity. And it could all begin with one click.
More searches like this
- Aviation and Airlines £70,000 - £99,999 Permanent jobs in Hampshire
- Business Services £70,000 - £99,999 Permanent jobs in Hampshire
- Business Development £70,000 - £99,999 Permanent jobs in Hampshire
- Sales £70,000 - £99,999 Permanent jobs in Hampshire
- Managerial and Executive £70,000 - £99,999 Permanent jobs in Hampshire