Air Traffic Services Instructor
7 days left
- Full Time
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia and Qatar. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009, are preparing to launch the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2016. We deliver Facility Management services to both Cleveland Clinic and Healthpoint Hospitals in Abu Dhabi, large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia and a range of educational and commercial properties in the UAE. We also deliver postgraduate education to Officers in the Qatar Armed Forces through the Joaan Bin Jassim Joint Command and Staff College in Doha.
Focussing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.
The ATSI would be responsible for the planning and execution of the training program to meet ICAA requirements along with assisting in the development of the Iraq Civil Aviation Academy at Baghdad International Airport on behalf of the ICAA.
Structure and reporting relationship
Reporting to the Training Manager (Academy)
Based on the specific requirement of the role
Tasks which would be designated to the position would include providing assistance for the following:
- Development of ATS theoretical and simulator training programs and exercises in accordance with National and International training policies, procedures and standards, aimed at developing Iraqi Nationals in the field of Air Traffic Control.
- The provision of English Language Training, requisite ATS Formal Training and ATS simulator training in accordance with training plans, ICAA policies and procedures and ICAO training requirements, inclusive of initial, experienced and continual training.
- The development and provision of theoretical and simulator training and transitional training (new equipment and systems) meeting operational training requirements.
- Advising the Training Manager on all issues pertaining to ATS training
- Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of relevant ICAO documentation, the Iraqi AIP and Local Operating Procedures as published by the ICAA.
- Develop and maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of the capabilities and configuration of the Simulation systems and equipment.
- Organise simulation exercises for evaluation of procedures and airspace structuring.
- Develop dedicated training materials / manuals to meet the requirements of specific courses in accordance with requirements.
- Assess trainee performance and test results through appropriate documentation in accordance with requirements.
- Ensure that trainees meet all training objectives to an acceptable standard as defined within the ICAA Academy Unit Training Plan.
- Perform other duties as related to the post.
Essential technical and professional skills, knowledge and qualifications
- Must have completed a recognised Air Traffic Services Instructor course
- Comprehensive knowledge of ATC procedures, ATS standards and industry best practices.
- Comprehensive knowledge of ICAO Rules and Regulations pertaining to the operations and delivery of ATS.
- Must be computer literate and proficient in the use of current mainstream application software required for the management of a modern ATC unit, including word processing/desktop publishing, spreadsheet and graphic presentations.
- Development of training materials/manuals to meet the requirements of specific courses
- Demonstrable communication skills in a multi cultural environment
- Ability to prepare reports and when required present these to the Training Manager
- Possess excellent report writing skills
- A mature, proactive and responsible approach to work with initiative and problem solving capability.
- Ability to liaise in a professional and persuasive manner with staff at all levels in the organisation.
- Possession of good IT skills.
- Flexibility, excellent attention to detail and manage an environment of regular change.
- Ability to think strategically, execute quickly and adjust plans to meet organizational needs.
- Able to hold sensitive and confidential materials in strict confidence.
- Able to work independently under stringent deadlines and high pressure environment.
- Function as a resourceful and proactive team member.
- Strong organisational skills with attention to detail and the ability to prioritize and multi-task and meet deadlines and schedules
- Strong analytical skills; ability to work with complex issues and detailed information.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with cross functional teams.
- Good judgment and decision-making skills;
- Adapt well to changing priorities.
- An assertive completer finisher with high level personal presence and credibility.
- Intuitive with outstanding interpersonal influencing and communication skills able to develop and motivate others.
- Ability to align strategic and operational needs with training programs and organisational development efforts.
- Ability to see problems as opportunities and to manage well under pressure.
- Ability to influence senior management and establish and maintain collaborative partnerships.
- Ability to communicate effectively both in writing and in speaking and convey complex information in an easily understood format.
- In-depth ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
- Relevant and comprehensive experience in conducting ICAO compliant training in a classroom and simulator environment.
- Experience managing people and the provision of services to a corporate client
- Operational ATC experience in a relevant civilian ICAO rating.
- Previous OJTI experience in a civilian ATC operational environment.
- Experience in the evaluation of student performance and subsequent delivery of relevant reports.
- Experience in a multi-cultural environment an asset.
- Middle East experiences an asset.
Additional / special features of the role
HSQE Responsibilities and Information Security Responsibilities
- To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by acts or omissions;
- Promote a good HSQE and Information Security culture among peers, subcontractors and third parties;
- Lead by example and look at ways to conserve energy, water and resources and minimise the generation of waste through personal performance and raise recommendations on how to improve existing processes in this regard within/outside their departments through their Line Manager, Departmental Safety Meetings and any other appropriate available channels;
- Protect information assets and data including both electronic and paper based from all threats whether internal, external, deliberate or accidental;
- Promote a good HSQE and Information Security culture among their peers, subcontractors and third parties in a privileged position of being able
- To fully deliver against their own Safety Commitments.
- To arrive for the start of their duties fit and well and to end their duties no less so.
- To actively demonstrate exemplary personal safety leadership behaviours at all times.
- Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
- Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
- To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organisational HSE responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment
- Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.