Fast Time Simulation Specialist
Serco is a FTSE 250 international service company which combines commercial know-how with a deep public service ethos.
Serco customers are looking for expertise in managing their people, processes, technology and assets more effectively. We advise economic decision makers, design innovative solutions, integrate systems and - most of all - deliver quality services directly to the public.
Serco supplies to governments, government enterprise, agencies and companies who seek a trusted outsourcing partner with a solid track-record of service excellence. Serco people offer operational, logistical and technical expertise in the Transport, Justice and Immigration, Defence, Education and Healthcare industries as well as in the commercial sectors of Facilities Management.
Serco Middle East have been in the Region since 1947, starting out delivering Air Traffic Control Services in Bahrain; a service we are proudly still running today and have expanded to include many other Airports in the region.
We have expanded significantly since that time across the UAE, Saudi Arabia, Qatar and Iraq. We have been supporting the RTA to operate the Dubai Metro since 2009 and have launched the flagship Saudi Arabia Passenger Rail service from Riyadh to Qassim in 2017. We deliver Facility Management services to Hospitals, Universities, Airports, Military Facilities and Commercial Estates in the UAE and large-scale medical facilities in Saudi Arabia. We also deliver staff training and education to selected officers of the Qatar Armed Forces at the Officers’ training institute located at the Ahmed Bin Mohammed Military College in Doha.
Focusing on our core values, and creating a positive environment for employees to thrive, we look forward to a bright future as we continue to grow with the region.
Fast Time Simulation Specialist is responsible to analyse historical data and operational data to guide the conclusions which will be used as a guide to predict the possible results of implementing changes or method related to the airfield efficiency, airspace optimisation and/or introduction of new systems/procedures to operations. To work with the Senior Specialist – Senior Specialist Fast Time Simulation to create and validate simulation models, and to apply data analysis skills in order to draw clear and concisely conclusions
- Quickly understand the key functions of an airport or airspace system, abstract the system into a conceptual model, implement and analyse models in fast time and human-in-the-loop computer simulations.
- Work with Senior Specialist First Time Simulation to create and validate simulation models
- Analysis of a wide range of data from a variety of sources to determine operational performance against specific performance measures
- Apply data analysis skills: exploratory data analysis, time series analysis, distribution fitting, linear regression.
- Apply data visualisation concepts for data exploration and communicating analysis results.
- Conduct Fast Time Simulations for airspace, runway and surface flows to support validation of potential ATS solutions, determine the feasibility of ATM concepts and assess impact of procedural changes.
- Draw conclusions from data and clearly concisely articulate key findings in both written and verbal form
- Develop and maintain software routines to enable automated collection and analysis of operational data
Qualifications and Education:
- Degree / diploma in a numerical field from an internationally recognised university / institution.
- Proficiency with Air Top and/or TAAM
- Experience in the field of aviation
- Experience in complex terminal airspace and/or airport environment
Knowledge and Skills:
- Knowledge of ATC operations for terminal airspace and/or airport environment
- Experience with data visualization tools such as Tableau or D3
- Experience with HADOOP or similar big data capabilities
- Experience with scientific programming, algorithm concepts and development
- Experience with modelling and simulation tools and methods
- Proficiency with programming languages such as Java, Python, Visual Basic, SQL
- Knowledge of database and statistical software packages
- Fluency in written and spoken English is essential
Jobholder will work in an office environment with normal working hours as per company policy. However, Jobholder may be required to work outside of normal office hours to discharge the responsibilities of the position. The jobholder office will be located in DWC. The jobholder will work in a normal pressure environment with demanding deadlines and will require the ability to respond rapidly and adapt priorities. The job holder shall be required to perform any other task assigned by dans management other than described in this JD.
Additional / special features of the role
- Ensure compliance with the Serco Management System and all relevant business processes, procedures and work instructions to deliver all work with appropriate quality and governance standards
- Ensure security and integrity of all data provided including reporting performance, finance and customer information; reference Serco non-disclosure policy
- To exercise personal duty of care for their own health, safety and welfare and for those affected by their acts or omissions; reference SMS GSOP-HSE1-6 Serco organisational HSE responsibilities
- Ensure compliance with all training requirements of Serco and ensure adherence to these requirements at all times whilst in employment
- Report any accidents, incidents, breaches or potential breaches to appropriate management or the speak up process
Serco is committed to Equal Employment Opportunities and is committed to ensuring the safety of all of its employees through its Zero Harm initiative. Please visit www.serco.com/careers for more information.