FlightGlobal is the leading provider of data, analytics, consultancy services and news to the aviation industry. Our clients include most of the top airlines, manufacturers, aircraft leasing companies and banks worldwide as well as, insurance companies, regulators, air travel services and airports. Core to the FlightGlobal business in the finance and leasing sector, the Valuations team provides aircraft appraisals and market insight that supports the global aviation finance market and help drive strategic product development. Your focus will be on providing analysis and opinions regarding the values of a wide variety of aviation assets (commercial aircraft, helicopters, business jets, engines and simulators) you will also have access to the full breadth of our consulting services and have the opportunity to contribute to bespoke consulting projects for our global client base.
- To be responsible for appraisal delivery for a variety of asset types and levels of valuation complexity in line with the requirements of the client.
- To build a network of industry contacts through proactive research, client meetings and conference attendance with the purpose of continuous client support and ongoing market research.
- To learn the methodologies and practices of Flight Ascend Consultancy.
- To identify a specialism and move towards specialist expertise; advancing new methods and leadership in valuations and research.
- To progress through professional development as a function of both self-learning and business sponsorship to gain external accreditations.
- To contribute to and write Flight Ascend Consultancy’s suite of commercial aircraft, helicopter, business jet and aero-engine market commentaries, white papers, value change updates and regular research articles.
- Support the global sales team in client growth and retention by understanding their needs and identifying new opportunities.
- Deliver joint presentations with the Sales team including industry updates, market overviews and methodology insights to customers.
- Contribute to FlightGlobal and external news services on a regular basis.
Product Development (New and Existing)
- Contribute to product development through new product ideas, review existing products (from a customer perspective) and drive development of products for the aviation market.
- Act as an “internal user” tester of new consultancy products from a content and usability perspective.
- usability perspective. * To contribute to current consultancy driven product delivery using proactive research, existing knowledge, attention to detail and analytical capabilities.
- Provide on-going support to the needs existing product strategy.
- Work on other consulting projects including international projects out of Ascend’s Europe & Asia offices as required by the business.
- Proactively monitor market activity and use FlightGlobal’s suite of data, news and analytical products to uncover, validate and/or disprove market trends and activity.
- As required, speak at conferences, FlightGlobal promoted events, customer briefings and other industry events.
Skills and experience
While complete training will be provided, certain aptitudes, skills and pre-existing knowledge are desirable.
- Commercial aviation knowledge including aircraft, airlines, manufacturers, current major industry issues, etc.
- Competence in MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint essential; MS Access, SQL and Python an advantage but not required
- Solid numerical skills and the ability to learn and adapt to new methods.
- Proven research skills; clear and concise analysis and report writing.
- Practiced and proven communication and presentation skills.
- A passion for planes; previous work experience within the air transport industry in an analytical, financial or technical role is a plus but not required.
- Fluent in written and spoken English, knowledge of a second language is also a plus but not required
- Attention to detail and consistency in daily work.
- Teamwork and collaboration; a willingness to support the team to success.
- A drive for innovation, both from own ideas and from industry feedback.
- Self-starter; proactive in own learning and career development
- Time management; delivering to deadlines and managing workloads.
- Relationship building; both internally and in the industry.
- Critical thinking and confidence in defending analytical findings.
- Trust, integrity and discretion.
Sales, Consulting, Product Development, Data Science, Marketing and Data
Banks, Leasing Companies, Funds, Private Equity, Airlines, OEM, MRO, Insurance and all other global clients