AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL ASSISTANT
7 days left
- Full Time
GAL Air Navigation Services (GAL ANS) LLC is currently seeking Air Traffic Control Assistants (ATCA) to join their expanding team providing services across all airports operated by Abu Dhabi Airports Company. As an ATCA you will be responsible for providing support to air traffic controllers in both tower and radar environments; contributing to safe and efficient operations.
GAL Air Navigation Services
We provide specialized Air Traffic Services, Air Navigation Services, Air Navigation Training and aerospace support services with a commitment to excellence, quality, safety and value. GAL ANS continued its growth in 2015, handling over 485,000 air traffic movements in the UAE FIR across its contracts.
Over 23 million passengers passed through Abu Dhabi International Airport in 2015, an increase of over 17%. The airport is the second largest in the United Arab Emirates (UAE) and one of the fastest growing airport hubs globally, serving over 93 destinations in 56 countries. With traffic growth forecast to continue to increase GAL ANS is seeking to expand its team with additional ATCAs to support the Approach Radar and Tower Air Traffic Controllers. You will be a part of a multi-cultural professional team providing Air Traffic Services within the UAE.
Providing support to air traffic controller through:
- Answering telephones and passing messages
- Operate Emergency Orders and communicate with outside emergency services when requested
- Preparing flight progress strips from AFTN or telephone information.
- Maintain regular contact with the Airport Fire Service, Fuel Services, Information Desk, Security, Technical Services and Immigration
- Maintain, update and amend documentation for all areas as required
- Assisting in the allocation of stands for aircraft parking
- Maintain the daily information in flight briefing area and the checking and transmission of flight plans
- Maintain a good working knowledge of flight planning procedures
- Maintain supplies of all forms and documentation held by Air Traffic Control
- Display and update seasonal schedule, telephone and Code lists
- Carry out standard checks to ensure procedures are being followed correctly
- Ensure orders and instructions for Air Traffic Control Assistants are up to date and relevant
- Perform watch keeping or day duties as required
- Undertake any other duties of a similar responsibility level as may reasonably be prescribed from time to time.
- Comply with SMS and QMS procedures.
- ICAO 051 course or equivalent or 5 years’ experience as an ATCA.
- Effective verbal, listening and written skills in English required.
- Previous On the Job Training experience preferred.
- Previous UAE/GCC experience is desirable.
- Successful candidates will be required to work shifts to support H24 operations, 7 days a week.
Candidates will be required to have a minimum of 3 years’ experience preferably 5 years’ as a currently validated Air Traffic Control Assistant at a recognized major international airport, preferably with parallel runways, handling over 100,000 annual air traffic operations.
Apply for AIR TRAFFIC CONTROL ASSISTANT
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly