Maintenance Training Subject Matter Expert / Instructor
The position is for Subject Matter Expert for CAE’s Training Solutions department. The person selected will be responsible for design and development of Maintenance Technician courseware materials for CAE’s Global Training centres.
Location and Terms
This is a contractual position for one year (extendable) and will be based out of the applicant’s current location, but may require travelling on need basis for up to 20% of the time. After one year, the contract may be extended based on mutual agreement. During or after the contractual period, the person may be offered a full-time role within CAE based on his / her performance.
Description of Duties
- Provide technical expertise on courseware related to commercial aircraft for CAE’s Training Solutions department
- Works with Instructional System Designers to build Training Needs Analysis according to EASA guidelines
- Works with Instructional System Designers to objectives and lesson plans for instructor-led training and computer based training
- Structures and chunks complex technical content for learners
- Verifies technical content and sub-media presentation requirements
- Helps to develop and reviews E-Learning and Classroom Training materials
- Identifies, evaluates and manipulates source material in preparation for publication development
- Provides direction to support personnel (graphic artist, photographer, etc.) for revision, upgrade or development of training material
- Understands CAE-specific tools like VSIM and Simfinity and uses them effectively for courseware design
- Works effectively with CAE’s customers and other project stakeholders
Qualification, Education and Experience Required (Technical Expert Maintenance)
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineer with 5-8 years’ experience in ground handling, line and base maintenance, or engine repair and overhaul
- Possessing EASA B1 or B2 license on any of the following aircraft types – EMB 170 or 190, CRJ 200, 700 or 900, or a modern commercial jetliner like B787 or 767
- 8-10 years’ experience as instructor in the aviation industry — at an airline, OEM company, MRO, or premier Technical Training Institute
- 3-4 years’ experience in courseware development for technician training up to EASA Part 66 Level III requirements
- Experience in having performed Training Needs Analysis according to EASA guidelines is a plus
- Thorough knowledge of aviation industry courseware standards like ATA 104, AECMA simplified English, etc.
- Knowledge of FAA Part 142, 147 and EASA Part 66 regulations
- Knowledge of type-rating training
- Demonstrated ability to interpret and organize material into a training process that achieves critical objectives.
- Adept with Microsoft PowerPoint and experience with the full Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (English)
- Strong writing, editing, and proofreading skills (English)
If you have the above skills and experience and you are looking for a new challenge please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate confidential review.
This is a working from home position with small percentage of travel on occassion.
Apply for Maintenance Training Subject Matter Expert / Instructor
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly