Manufacturing Operations Director
Zenon are currently searching for a Manufacturing Operations Director to deliver management of all areas of a manufacturing operation to produce products and direct activities, so that approved products are manufactured to schedule and within quality standards and cost objectives.
A hands-on leader with a strong background in Engineering Manufacturing to ensure the delivery of IES South operations performance whilst ensuring that people and processes are incrementally improved. You will be responsible for identifying and delivering improvements and creative engineering solutions, whilst exhibiting a business partnering mind-set and approach at all levels within the organisation and with Customers and Suppliers.
- Competitive salary
Main Responsibilities and Duties
- Establish and reports on KPI’s to support daily operations and management of the functional area, driving response times to obtain world class levels of production and on time performance targets, measured against customer required dates.
- Formulates and recommends manufacturing policies and programmes that guide the organisation in maintaining and improving its competitive position and the profitability of the operation whilst establishing procedures for maintaining high standards which ensure that products conform to established customer and company quality standards.
- Acts as link between the CEO and department management/subordinate levels to inform personnel of communications, decisions, policies and all matters that affect their performance, attitudes and results.
- Identifies, recommends and implements changes to improve productivity and reduce cost and scrap, monitor scrap and rework data.
- Achieves optimum employee levels with minimum overhead and raw material costs to meet the operating performance requirements determined by the CEO.
- Ensure manufacturing is underpinned by appropriate headcount, equipment and systems that offer the most effective solution and are scalable for future business growth.
- Assists company officers and staff members in the development and formulation of long and short-term planning and objectives.
- Directs and coordinates various programmes essential to manufacturing procedures (e.g. training, health and safety, housekeeping, cost reduction, worker involvement, security, etc.).
- Work in conjunction with the CEO to coordinate major projects (e.g. manufacturing layout changes, installation of capital equipment, major repairs, etc.) without affecting customer deliveries.
- Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required.
- Must have a basic knowledge and understanding of all relevant areas of manufacturing including CNC, sheet metal, welding and final assembly.
- Proven experience in an engineering manufacturing environment, preferably in Aerospace and Defence, or process-oriented operations and/or related industry at a senior level.
- Degree qualified with proven track record of leading innovation in assembly and manufacturing engineering on high value manufacturing equipment/large capital equipment.
- Analytical with leadership experience across supply chain, purchasing assembly, technical and engineering functions.
- Previous experience from ‘quote to cash’ covering front end commercial through to all manufacturing operations.
- Previous experience in Lean 6 Sigma and other continuous improvement methodology.
Why choose Zenon Aviation?
In the ever changing and dynamic market place, Zenon Aviation knows that the support and care we provide to candidates is vital in assisting you in achieving your career aspirations. Our team of dedicated consultants will deal with you application efficiently and more importantly confidentially, providing a professional and reliable service.
If the above opportunity is of interest to you please forward your CV to us in confidence.
Alternatively, for a confidential call with our Recruitment Manager Ashley Ewen, please call our office
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence and unless you hear from us within 10 days of your application, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
Zenon Recruitment Ltd is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy
Apply for Manufacturing Operations Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly